Best of British Weekend
2nd June to 5th June 2022
Join us for this historic event and celebrate Her Majesty’s seven decades on the throne
with a four-day Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebration.
With so much planned, there is something for everyone.
Her Majesty The Queen will become the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee after 70 years of service, making her the longest reigning Monarch in British history. Get in the spirit with your best Royal themed fancy dress, bring your union jack flags and let’s make the station a wash of colour. Don’t forget to collect your Best of British activity sheet to ensure the fun continues onboard the train.
Collect your ticket from the Booking Office and enjoy a nostalgic trip back in time when you join us for a journey by steam through the beautiful Rother Valley countryside to Bodiam in East Sussex (approximately 10 miles).
In commemoration of this historic occasion, we are offering a selected number of fares for 70% of the normal price. This is a time limited offer and available on-line in advance only (T&C’s apply). Tickets are bound to sell fast so to secure your place, purchase your ticket here using the special code JUBILEE70.
- A selection of classic British hot food option will be available at Tenterden Station Tea Room
- Fish and Chips on Friday
- British Cream Tea on Saturday – with optional Pimm’s, or add a sparkle with some Prosecco!
- What is more British for Sunday Lunch then a Sunday Roast!
- Face painting (Thursday and Friday)
- Giant children’s games
- Selfie opportunities , please tag us so we can see your photo!
- Look out for the Royal liveried historic K6 Jubilee telephone kiosk and take a photo with the Queen!
- On Sunday Morning, enjoy watching Fiddle sticks Ladies Morris dancing
- Classic Cars at Tenterden for Jubilee weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
- A special display of Land Rovers includes one of only two known remaining vehicles used during the Royal Commonwealth Tour of New Zealand and Australia in 1954! (Saturday and Sunday)
- Join the 10:40am train at Tenterden where you will be met and escorted on foot to neighbouring Oastbrook Vineyard to taste some of their amazing, award winning English wines – booking link below
- On Saturday afternoon, enjoy Fiddle Sticks ladies Morris dancing
Wine tasting at Oastbrook Vineyard
The 10:40 train from Tenterden will be met on arrival at Bodiam Station by one of the Bodiam team who will escort you to the neighbouring vineyard, a 25-30 minute walk over uneven ground . Vineyard wine tasting is priced at £20 including wine and nibbles and can be booked here with Oastbrook Vineyard The tour includes an option to purchase wine to take home and enjoy!
JOIN US FOR POPLAR’S INAUGURAL SPECIAL
‘POPLAR’ IS SCHEDULED TO RUN HER FIRST PUBLIC SERVICE AFTER RESTORATION SHE WILL BE JOINED BY SISTER TERRIER ‘KNOWLE’ ACROSS THE WHOLE BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND.
Marking the Jubilee on social media, you may also wish to tag the official Jubilee channels: Instagram: @theroyalfamily Twitter: @royalfamily, Facebook: @thebritishmonarchy