Vacancy - Commercial Assistant
Start Date: Immediate
Remuneration: Competitive Salary
The Kent & East Sussex Railway is one of the UK’s most loved heritage railways, located in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We are now seeking a Commercial Assistant. The successful applicant will undertake a variety of duties, where no two days are the same, as a key part of our customer facing team. You'll be helping customers by responding positively to their face to face enquiries at the station, on the telephone, by email or through our social media channels - so you'll need to be skilled in all forms of communication and comfortable hopping between them at a moments notice. You must be able to work quickly and consistently under pressure, yet always with pride; you will have copious enthusiasm and a willingness to work hard.
You'll also be working closely alongside our events and Marketing team where, amongst other things, you'll be researching potential new audiences, representing the K&ESR at trade fairs or rolling up your sleeves to participate in events like our much loved Santa Specials in December!
The position will be based at Tenterden Town Station, but you may need the flexibility to work in other locations less easily accessible by public transport, so access to private transport and a full driving licence would be an advantage.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Respond positively to customer enquiries via a wide variety of channels and processing bookings using the company booking systems
- Research new audiences and develop ongoing relationships to increase sales
- Assist with trade shows & exhibitions
- Undertake a diverse range of administrative tasks
- Support K&ESR commercial activities by promoting them at every opportunity and converting into sales
- Provide sales data for management analysis
- Assist with hands on delivery of products as required
- Experience in an administrative role
- Excellent IT skills in MS Office & Social Media savvy
- Ability to deliver excellent and consistent levels of customer service
- Excellent communication skills and a positive disposition
- Must be equally confident in working alone or as part of a small team
- Demonstrate consistently high standards of presentation
- Punctual and reliable at all times
Candidates should be flexible and able to work shifts any day of the week. This position may require lone working.
Hours of work will be 30 hours across up to 4 days per week, a minimum of one weekend in 4 working Saturday and Sunday.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in the UK. A DBS check will be undertaken.
To apply for this position please send your CV and job application to firstname.lastname@example.org