Company & Contact Details
The Kent & East Sussex Railway Company Limited
A charitable company, limited by guarantee and not having a share capital.
A company registered in England No.1007871
VAT No.202 1098 21
Registered Charity No.262481
Colonel Stephens Railway Enterprises Ltd
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Kent & East Sussex Railway Company Limited
A company registered in England No.2668156
VAT No.583 7827 90
Tenterden Town Station
Telephone 01580 765155
If you miss your booked departure, accommodation on later trains on the date of booked travel cannot be guaranteed. Where such is possible, a rebooking administration charge will be made. Where Events tickets are for specific departures, we regret that we are unable to provide accommodation on later services if you miss your booked train. Please ensure you allow sufficient time for your journey.
Where available, alterations requested to confirmed bookings will be made at the discretion of K&ESR and will be subject to an administration charge.
Photography and/or filming may take place during your visit for K&ESR marketing purposes.
Please note that pets and dogs, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted at major events, nor within First Class accommodation, in buffet carriages or station catering outlets: please call us in advance if you are unsure.
Unless otherwise shown, platform tickets are not available during major events. Read our Conditions of Carriage relating to passengers and luggage, which form part of our Terms and Conditions.
The K&ESR does not provide travel insurance. When planning a package involving multiple providers, customers requiring insurance are advised to make their own arrangements.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without further notice.
Unless otherwise advised, we recommend visitors to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to departure time.
Unless specifically stated, purchase of a ticket does not reserve a seat on a particular departure. Where you specifically request that seat reservations are made, reservations will be maintained until 10 minutes before the booked departure time.
Unless specifically stated otherwise, advance bookings may be amended by guests up to seven days prior to the date of travel on payment of an administration charge.
Trains are not able to wait for late arriving passengers. Tickets are not transferable and are non-refundable. No refunds are given for missed trains.
- All Santa Special trains depart from Tenterden Town Station (TN30 6HE) and cannot be held for late arriving customers – please ensure you arrive at the correct station 30 minutes before your booked departure.
- Santa Specials will operate in all but the most severe weather conditions. Should severe adverse weather conditions force us to cancel the advertised services, a replacement Santa Special will operate between Christmas & New Years day. Your ticket will be transferred to this service and a refund will not therefore be available.
- Our Santa Specials are very popular & we regret that we are unable to provide accommodation on later services if you miss your booked train. Please ensure you allow sufficient time for your journey - including adverse weather, traffic and finding a parking space.
- We are unable to associate separate bookings, so you should ensure that you book sufficient seats for your entire party in your booking - please call us if you require assistance.
- All members of your pre-booked family group must enter the station together.
- Please ensure your booking is correct before completing your purchase. Any amendments, however minor, to confirmed bookings will incur an administration fee.
- Bookings close seven days prior. We are unable to accommodate amendments to bookings within seven days of date of travel.
- Santa Special tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded, resold or transferred to another party.
- Pets and dogs, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted at Santa Special events.
- A photographer may be present taking photographs for K&ESR marketing purposes.
- Included in the price of your ticket is a free family photograph taken by our professional photographer. When having your photograph taken, you consent to your image being stored for the purpose of providing you with one free copy of the image. Additional copies may be ordered online.
- Platform tickets are not available.
- The K&ESR car park is for pre-booked Santa Special visitors only and has a maximum stay of 3 hours. Use is at your own risk and no liability will be accepted for any loss or damage incurred. Car parks are locked following the arrival of the last train.
- If disruption to the UK supply chain occurs, substitutions with similar items of equal value may be made.
- If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you should not visit. If you have already purchased K&ESR travel tickets, their value will be transferred to a K&ESR Gift Card if requested within 48 hours of booked travel date & time: please call us on 01580 765155, quoting your booking reference, or email email@example.com
We advise all visitors to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the booked train departure time.
No refunds are given for missed trains.
Should you wish to cancel your booking in total or part, we will make every effort to resell your seats. However a refund will only be made provided the seats are resold. In such cases an administration fee will be levied.
Alterations requested to confirmed bookings will be made at the discretion of K&ESR/CSRE and will be subject to an administration charge.
Every effort will be made to fulfil your booking, but current difficulties with the UK supply chain may dictate that menu substitutions with similar items of equal value are unavoidable.
Please note that pets and dogs, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted within First Class accommodation, in dining & buffet carriages or station catering outlets: please contact us if you are unsure.
To qualify for Group Travel rates, a minimum of 15 fare-paying passengers is necessary. Please book for the maximum expected number of passengers so that seating may be preliminarily reserved. The final passenger count is required no later than 14 days prior to the date of travel.
If the number of people travelling falls below 15, travel remains possible but the fare payable will either be at standard rates or at Group Rate for 15 passengers.
After your booking has been made you will receive confirmation from us; you must ensure that all details shown, including departure stations, dates and times are correct. Any errors or omissions must be highlighted without delay in order to avoid your group’s disappointment.
A deposit of 25% of the total cost is required upon receipt of our confirmation unless otherwise stated. Payment may be made by BACS or major credit/debit cards (Amex excluded).
Any material amendments made to the original booking after the receipt of our confirmation will incur an administration fee except in the case of cancellation which may involve refunds in accordance with our general Terms and Conditions.
Cancellations may only be made in writing or by email no less than seven days prior to your date of travel.
On the day of travel you must arrive no less than 20 minutes prior to departure time in order to allow sufficient time to check-in and board. Table/window signs and Staff will indicate the seating reserved for your Group. Seats will only be held until 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time and if you miss your booked train we cannot guarantee that your group will be able to travel. If arriving by coach, please ensure that your driver is fully aware of our station locations.
Unfortunately we are unable to reserve seating for Groups boarding at intermediate stations.
During Special Events, Group Travel reserved seating may not be available due to capacity limitations.
In accordance with our general Terms and Conditions we reserve the right to alter, cancel or suspend services.
KIDS GO FREE The KGF offer applies to child tickets valid for travel on advertised dates only. The offer is available only to individual family visitors. Maximum of one free Child Ticket per fare paying Adult or Senior. It is not available in conjunction with Carer tickets, K&ESR Member tickets or for organised Group Visits.
Once activated, you can use the value on Gift Cards in full or part payment for K&ESR tickets, joining as a Member of the charity that owns the K&ESR, to purchase pre-booked On-Train Catering and Wealden Pullman dining, a range of Railway Experiences, purchases from our online shop and in our Station Gift Shops. Gift Cards are not currently available to spend in Station Catering outlets or onboard trains.
If an item purchased with a Gift Card is subsequently refunded, money will be returned to a Gift Card.
If you wish to cancel your purchase of a Gift Card and you had purchased it online or over the telephone, you may receive a full refund of the price paid for a period beginning of fourteen days from the day after the date of delivery of your Gift Card. The K&ESR will also refund any delivery charges. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Gift Card to us, if we request it. To cancel your Gift Card purchase, please telephone the Enquiry Office on 01580 765155. Other than as set out above, we regret that Gift Cards cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
1. All monies on the card must be used by the expiry date, which is 24 months from the date of purchase.
2. The monies on the card cannot be exchanged for cash or used to purchase further Gift Cards. Following use, any remaining balance will be stored on the card and may be used to pay for future purposes up to the expiry of the card.
3. Please protect your Gift Card and treat it as cash. The K&ESR will not accept liability for lost, stolen or damaged cards. Gift Cards which are defaced, altered or cancelled will not be accepted. The balances on lost cards cannot be returned. The K&ESR is not responsible for any unauthorised use of Gift Cards. Gift Cards are non-refundable.
4. Call 01580 765155 to check your Gift Card balance, request a new online PIN if you have lost the original, or to 'record access' to your Gift Card. Any balance remaining 24 months after purchase will be forfeited and the card cancelled.
5. Gift Cards are not a credit, debit or cheque guarantee card.
6. The K&ESR reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and to take appropriate action, including the cancellation of cards, if, in its discretion, it deems such action necessary. This does not affect your statutory rights.
After entering the code(s), your outstanding order balance will be automatically updated. If there's any balance remaining, you may use a debit or credit card in the usual way.
Discount Codes are valid only during the specified period(s).
Discount Vouchers have no expiry date; please note this is different to our Gift Cards which expire after 2 years.
Discount Vouchers can only be used once and if not used in full, any unused value is immediately forfeited.
Discount Vouchers cannot be used to purchase K&ESR Gift Cards.
If you find that your voucher is not accepted at checkout, check the number you've entered and try again. If the code has already been used, the voucher will be void. If you experience difficulties, call our Enquiry Office on 01580 765155
Hornby Hobby Rewards The Hornby Hobby Rewards offer is not available at stations and is an advance booking online only offer. The K&ESR reserves the right to suspend or modify the offer without liability or notice. Discounted tickets are not available during major events, have limited availability and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Rewards are non-transferable and may not be shared or sold. In the case of improper use, the K&ESR retains the right to refuse to accept the redemption of Rewards.
Returned goods must be accompanied by the invoice number, date of purchase and reason for return.
Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the goods to us unless we delivered the item to you in error or if the item is faulty. As soon as we receive the item(s) as above, we will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that item together with the items normal postage charge. We cannot refund any priority, express or courier component of the postage charge.
For more information on your right to withdraw from your purchase within the fourteen working day cooling-off period, visit https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm
The Kent & East Sussex Railway Company Ltd ("KESR") is committed to protecting your personal information.
Colonel Stephens Railway Enterprises Limited;
Tenterden Railway Company Limited;
Kent & East Sussex Railway Adventures Limited.
The Data Protection Officer
Kent & East Sussex Railway,
Tenterden Town Station,
- Information about who you are e.g. name, date of birth and contact details
- Information connected to your product or service with us e.g. your bank account details
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails, letters
- Information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies when you visit one of our websites
- Information if you visit one of our sites e.g. visual information collected via closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Information classed as 'sensitive' personal information e.g. relating to your health, marital or civil partnership status.
- This information will only be collected and used where it's needed to provide the product or service you have requested; to maintain your safety; or to comply with our legal obligations.
- an application form for a product, service or activity
- phone conversations with us
- emails or letters you send to us
- registering for one of our events
- participating in surveys to help us understand you better and improve our products and services
- our online services such as websites, social media and mobile device applications ("Apps")
- We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly
- you have given us your permission (consent) to send you information about our products and services
- it's necessary to provide the product or service you have requested e.g. we will require some personal information including your name, address, date of birth, bank account details
- it's in the legitimate interests of the K&ESR e.g. to deliver appropriate information and guidance so you are aware of the options that will help you get the best from your purchase
- we need to process your information to better understand you or your needs so we can send you more relevant communications about our products and to develop new products and services
- Companies within the K&ESR and associated groups
- Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the products and services we offer to you and other customers e.g. research, consultancy, or technological companies; or companies who can help us in our contact with you, for example an internet service provider
- Our regulators and Supervisory Authority e.g. the Information Commissioner's Office for the UK ("ICO") Law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
- Department of Health & Social Care (“DHSC”) for the purposes of the NHS Test & Trace scheme
- HM Revenue and Customs (“HMRC”) e.g. as required by law for the prevention of tax avoidance or administration of Gift Aid
Where your information is being processed outside of the EEA/UK, we will ensure that your information is protected to at least an equivalent level as would be applied in the EEA/UK data privacy laws.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our staff also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake regular training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR)
Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected
Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for KESR to continue to have it.
Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information - but only to ensure we don't use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes.
Right to object
You can object to KESR processing your personal information: for direct marketing (including profiling); and if we were using it for scientific/historical research profiling and statistics.
A cookie is a small file - it's saved onto your computer or other device when you visit any of our websites.
Cookies store small pieces of information. For example, they will remember you've visited our website or performed a certain action.
If you enter our online booking engine then that too includes additional cookies, and will operate in much the same way: to store your purchase choices while you complete your purchase in our shopping cart.
Cookies also let us know which pages of a website you've visited; they help us deliver and market our products and services. They also help us to track sales.
Persistent cookies stay valid and will work until their expiry date (unless you delete them before they expire).
Session cookies expire when you close your web browser.
The following link provides information about cookies: AllAboutCookies.org
The information above is believed to be true at the time of writing this update and is provided in good faith.
None of the above affects your statutory rights.