Kent & East Sussex Railway Company Limited
Annual General Meeting 2022
Notice of Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 50th Annual General Meeting of the Company will be held St Mildred’s Church, Church Road, Tenterden, Kent, on Saturday 12th November 2022 at 1.30 pm for the following purposes:
- To approve the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 20th November 2021
- To receive and adopt the Annual Report of the Directors and the Audited Accounts for the year ended 31st October 2021.
- To authorise the Directors to appoint Auditors to the Company for the year ending 31st October 2021 and to fix their remuneration.
- To hold an election of Directors. Under the Articles of Association, David Nibloe, Paul Vidler, and Andrew Papworth retire but being eligible offer themselves for re-election. No other nominations under Article 36 had been received by the closing date of 28th October 2022
- Safety Matters relating to the Railway.
- Any other formal business pre-notified to the Company Secretary.
- Following the completion of the formal business of the Meeting there will be the customary information session and open forum.
Only Annual Members, Life Members, Joint Life Members, Family Group Members over 18 years of age and Honorary Members of the Company are entitled to attend and vote at this meeting. (Joint Life Members and Family Group Members over 18 years of age have one vote only, to be exercised by the first name on the application form). Any such member may appoint a proxy to attend and, on a poll, to vote in his or her place. Forms of proxy are provided for the use of members who are unable to attend the meeting. A proxy need not be a member of the Company. To be valid, the instrument appointing a proxy and the Power of Attorney or other authority, if any, under which it is signed, or a notarily certified copy of that power, shall be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company not less than forty-eight hours before the start of the Meeting.
An audio recording may be made of the proceedings for the purposes of assisting the Company Secretaries to prepare the Meeting Minutes.
By Order of the Board
Kent & East Sussex Railway Ltd.,
Tenterden Town Station,
29th October 2022
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
A special meeting for all those with an interest in 6619 Limited will be held at 11.45am in the church. It is hoped that this meeting will conclude at 12.30pm in order to provide time for a lunch break before the KESR AGM starts at 1.30pm.