Vacancy – Hospitality Supervisor
Start Date: December 2021
Remuneration: Competitive Salary
The Kent & East Sussex Railway is one of the UK’s most loved heritage railways, located in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We are now seeking a Hospitality Supervisor. The successful applicant will undertake a variety of duties, primarily within our catering operations, including food preparation and cooking and serving customers in our station outlets and on-board our trains. The position will be based at Tenterden Town Station, but you’ll need the flexibility to work in other locations less easily accessible by public transport, so access to private transport and a full driving licence is essential. You must be able to work quickly and consistently under pressure, yet always with pride; you will have proven experience of commercial catering, copious enthusiasm and a willingness to work hard.
- Take a hands-on leading role in the day to day management of the hospitality team
- Act as head Chef as required
- Ability to deliver excellent and consistent levels of customer service
- Take responsibility for the ordering of food stocks
- Take a leading role in the development of new ideas for enhancing hospitality services
- Lead the planning of menu offers
- Ensure legislative requirements are met
- Excellent communication skills and a positive disposition
- Ability to work on own initiative or as directed
- Must be equally confident in working alone or as part of a small team
- Demonstrate consistently high standards of presentation
- Must be punctual and reliable at all times
Candidates should be flexible and able to work shifts any day of the week. This position may require lone working.
Hours of work will be 37½ hours across up to 5 days per week.
Applicants for this position must have the right to work in the UK.