kesr membership front cover

Picture of No 104

This vehicle was been built by the London & North Western Railway at Earlestown works to Diagram 17b design in 1921/22 and was delivered to the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway at a time when the railways amagamated in anticpation of the 1923 Grouping. It has been opened out at one end to provide an enclosed platform.

It was given the L&Y No  5945 and  became LMS Nº 135945 after 1923. It was acquired by the Army and based at Longmoor as No. AD49025. The van came to the K&ESR in 1969 and was stored at Bodiam. It returned to traffic in 1979 and subsequently ran a considerable mileage as a Permanent Way Department mess van. It has been laid aside for some years awaiting an overhaul whilst ownership problems were solved and deteriorating badly. It is presently undergoing a very extensive overhaul that will be heavily dependant on volunteer labour.

Today and Tomorrow

Tue Sep 01
Green Service
Wed Sep 02
Fish & Chips Supper
Wed Sep 02
Green Service
September 2015
M T W T F S S
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Monthly Competition

WIN FREE Tickets for the K&ESR

July WINNER .... 
Shirley Smith from Staines - Congratulations!

Read more ...

 

qb awardedmark 150w

1066 country logo 150w

Kent Childrens University

VisitEngland VAQAS Logo

seven wonders logo 150w

kentlogo 150w